Diwali, the festival of lights, is just around the corner and we know you are all geared up to celebrate! But have you given any thought to what you will be wearing? If not, don’t worry. In this article, we will give you some great ethnic fashion trends that you can follow with a modern fusion.
What is Diwali?
Diwali is an important Hindu festival that celebrates the triumph of good over evil. It is also a time for families and friends to get together, exchange gifts, and feast on traditional foods. One of the most popular aspects of Diwali is the way people dress up in beautiful, colorful clothes. If you’re looking to add a bit of ethnic flair to your wardrobe this year, here are some of the top Diwali fashion trends to keep an eye out for:
1. Sarees: Sarees are a classic Indian garment that can be worn for any occasion, and Diwali is no exception. If you want to go traditional, opt for a banarasi silk jacquard saree or cotton in a bright color like red or orange. For a more modern look, try a printed saree with a bold pattern or geometric design.
2. Kurtas: Kurtas are another popular choice for both men and women during Diwali. They are typically made of cotton or linen and come in a variety of colors and styles. If you’re looking for something festive, opt for a kurta with embroidery or mirror work. For a more casual look, choose a solid-colored kurt
History of Diwali Fashion
Diwali, the festival of lights, is one of the most popular and eagerly awaited festivals in India. It is a time when families and friends come together to celebrate, and everyone wants to look their best. Over the years, Diwali fashion has evolved and become more modern, with a focus on fusion wear that combines traditional Indian elements with contemporary styles.
For women, indian traditional saree are still the traditional choice for Diwali parties and celebrations. But now, instead of plain cotton or silk saris, you’re more likely to see women wearing designer saris with intricate embroidery or embellishments. Saris are also being styled in new ways, such as wearing them with cropped tops or pairing them with leggings or jeans.
Men’s Diwali fashion has also undergone a transformation in recent years. While men traditionally wore dhoti-kurtas (a type of loose trousers worn with a long shirt) for Diwali festivities, nowadays it’s more common to see them wearing tailored suits or sherwanis (traditional Indian tunics). sherwanis are often worn with churidar pants (tight fitting trousers) or Jodhpuri pants (loose fitting trousers).
Traditional Diwali Clothing
As we all know, Diwali is just around the corner and everyone is busy preparing for the biggest festival of the year. One of the most important things to do during Diwali preparations is to choose what you will wear during the festivities. While there are many modern fashion trends that you can follow, it is always nice to incorporate some traditional clothing into your look.
One traditional item of clothing that is often seen during Diwali celebrations is the saree. Saris are beautiful garments that can be worn in a variety of different ways. If you want to go for a more traditional look, you can choose a saree made from traditional fabrics like silk or cotton. If you want to add a modern twist to your look, you can opt for a saree made from more contemporary materials like chiffon or georgette.
Another traditional clothing option for women during Diwali is the lehenga. Like saris, lehengas come in a variety of different fabrics and styles. You can go for a more classic look with a lehenga made from silk or cotton, or you can opt for a more modern look with a lehenga made from chiffon or georgette.
Modern Fusion Diwali Clothing
Diwali, the Festival of Lights, is a time to celebrate with family, friends, and community. It’s also a time to dress up in your finest traditional clothing. But what if you want to add a modern twist to your Diwali outfit?
Here are some ethnic fashion trends with modern fusion that will make you stand out at this year’s Diwali celebrations:
1. Sarees with a Twist – Sarees are a classic Indian garment, but they can be worn in many different ways. Add a modern twist to your saree by draping it in an unconventional way or wearing it with a statement belt or necklace.
2. Lehngas with a Modern Touch – Lehngas are another traditional Indian garment that can be given a modern update. Pair your lehnga with a crop top or wear it with an interesting dupatta.
3. Kurtas with Contemporary Details – Kurtas are a versatile Indian garment that can be dressed up or down. Look for kurtas with contemporary details like bold prints or unexpected cuts.
4. Fusion Fashion – Mix and match different elements to create your own unique fusion style. For example, pair a printed
We hope you enjoyed our roundup of ethnic fashion trends with modern fusion for this Diwali. From traditional Indian wear to contemporary silhouettes, there is something for everyone to rock this festival of lights. So don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with your looks.