Design Options and Customisation for Container Houses in Malaysia
Container houses, also known as shipping container homes, have gained popularity in recent years as sustainable and cost-effective housing options. In Malaysia, container houses have been used for various purposes, including affordable housing, eco-friendly tourism, and emergency housing. One of the advantages of container houses is their customizability, making them suitable for a wide range of applications. Each container Malaysia price is difference. This post will discuss design options and customization for container houses in Malaysia.
The first step in designing a container house is to determine the purpose of the house. Different purposes may require different designs and customizations. For example, a container house for affordable housing may require a more compact design with a smaller floor plan. A container house for eco-tourism may need a larger floor plan with more open spaces.
Determining the purpose of the container house is essential in the design process, as it will affect the overall design and layout of the house. For instance, a container house for affordable housing may need a more compact design to accommodate more units on a smaller land area. This may involve designing multiple stories or stacking containers to maximise the available space. Additionally, the layout may prioritise functionality and space efficiency, with shared spaces like kitchens and living areas designed to be communal.
Once the purpose of the container house is determined, the next step is to consider the design options. Container houses can be designed in various styles, from traditional to modern. The design of a container house can significantly impact the overall look and feel of the home. In Malaysia, container homes can be customised to fit different styles, depending on the owner’s personal preferences. For instance, a traditional-style container house may incorporate more ornate details, such as wooden accents and shingled roofs, to create a cosy and inviting atmosphere. This design style may be famous for those who prefer a more rustic or vintage look for their home.
In contrast, a modern-style container home may emphasise sleek lines and minimalistic features. A modern-style container home may incorporate more industrial or contemporary design elements, such as exposed metal beams and concrete finishes. These design styles may be famous for those who prefer a more futuristic and functional look for their homes.
Other design options for container houses may include a combination of different styles, such as a contemporary industrial style or a rustic modern style. This combination of techniques can add a unique and personalised touch to the home while providing a functional and sustainable living space.
Some popular design options for container houses in Malaysia include:
- Contemporary style: This style is characterised by a sleek, modern look with clean lines and minimal decoration. The container house may be painted in a single colour, white or grey, and may feature large windows or sliding doors.
- Rustic style: This style has a more natural look with wooden finishes and earthy tones. The container house may be designed with a porch or outdoor space and may feature large windows to allow for natural light.
- Industrial style: This style is characterised by an urban, industrial look with metal finishes and exposed pipes. The container house may feature a more open floor plan with high ceilings and large windows.
In addition to the design options, container houses can be customised to suit the owner’s preferences and needs. Customization is essential to building container houses, as it allows the owner to create a living space that suits their specific needs and preferences. The process of customization can involve the following:
- Altering the size and shape of the containers.
- Adding or removing walls.
- Installing fixtures and fittings.
For instance, an owner may add more windows or skylights to bring in more natural light or add more insulation to improve energy efficiency. They may also choose to install air conditioning or heating systems to ensure a comfortable living environment, especially in extreme weather conditions. The customization options can also include the following:
- Adding a porch or outdoor living space.
- Creating a garden or outdoor kitchen.
- Even installing a rooftop garden.
Additionally, container houses can be modified to be more sustainable, utilising features like solar panels, rainwater harvesting, and greywater systems. These features can reduce energy consumption and minimise the home’s environmental impact.
Some common customizations for container houses in Malaysia include:
- Insulation: Insulating the container house can help regulate the temperature inside the house and reduce energy costs.
- Roofing: The roof of the container house can be customised with various materials, such as metal or shingles, to suit the owner’s preferences and the local climate.
- Windows and doors: The placement, size, and style of the windows and doors can be customised to provide the desired amount of natural light and ventilation.
- Interior design: The interior of the container house can be customised with various finishes, such as wood or tile, to create a specific style or theme.
- Plumbing and electrical systems: These can be customised to suit the owner’s needs, such as installing solar panels for a more sustainable energy source.
How to Insulate a Shipping Container Home?
A shipping container’s small design makes it difficult to insulate the outside adequately. A relatively thin layer of insulation with a high R-value per inch, like polyurethane spray foam, is frequently utilised to prevent taking up interior space. Spray foam is an excellent and airtight insulator, but many of the blowing agents employed in it are potent greenhouse gases. Choosing the proper insulation can be more beneficial to climate change than other insulation types. It would be preferable to build outward for more wall thickness and use an insulation material that is more ecologically friendly if you want to build a well-insulated wall. Yet if the exterior is covered in insulation, what purpose is a bulky corrugated steel exterior?
Do Houses Made of Shipping Containers Have Value?
Unlike a conventional home, a well-kept shipping container home can maintain its market value. Since they can be put into a truck and sent practically anywhere, they are reasonably simple to resale. Before making a purchase, you should find out if the shipping container home was designed for your environment and, if not, what changes you need to make it suitable for the place it is meant to be.
In conclusion, container houses in Malaysia offer a wide range of design options and customization to suit various purposes and preferences. Container houses can be designed to fit the owner’s needs while maintaining a sustainable and cost-effective housing option, whether for affordable housing, eco-tourism, or emergency housing. With the right design and customization, container houses can provide a comfortable and unique living experience.
This article is posted on Postamooz.